Activities & Functions of the Organization
Primarily the Food and Civil Supplies Department is a service Department which caters essential commodities like Rice, Wheat, Sugar etc from the Central Pool and distribution to the beneficiaries as per the entitlement under the various Scheme namely :-
- BPL (for the population living Below Poverty Line)
- AAY-(Antyodaya Anna Yojana meant for the poorest of the poor households Below Poverty Line).
- ANNAPURNA- ( Scheme for destitute indigent senior Citizens of age 65 years and above who are entitled for national Old Age Pension but not Covered)
- APL-(Above Poverty Line)
- Village Grain Bank Scheme- To provide safeguard against starvation during natural calamities and lean season, especially in chronically food scare areas.
- Levy Sugar.
- Iodized Salt.
- Superior Kerosene Oil (SKO).
- Welfare Institutions & Hostels Scheme.
- SC/ST/OBC Hostels Scheme.
- Regulation of Petroleum Products.
Under the BPL, the beneficiaries are provided with distinctive Red Ration Cards an are entitled 35kgs of foodgrains per month, either Rice or Wheat or combination of both at subsidized prices.
Under ANTYODAYA ANNA YOJANA (AAY) the identified beneficiaries are provided with distinctive Blue Ration Cards and are entitled to draw 35kgs of foodgrains per month, either Rice or Wheat or combination of both at a specially subsidized prices.
Under ANNAPURNA Scheme the identified beneficiaries are provided with special distinctive Green Ration Cards with Logo of an old man on it. The beneficiaries are entitled 10kgs of Rice per month free of cost. This Scheme is 100% sponsored by the government of India.